Njavara is a kind of rice that is specific to Kerala, India. It has a lot of medicinal values and is applied in a similar way to podikizhi. This is what Njavara rice looks like:
It is mixed with medicinal herbs and milk and applied to certain parts of the body or the entire body after a full body oil treatment. This is done to induce perspiration of that part of the body or the entire body. After the treatment, the leftover mixture is applied to the whole body and once dried, wiped off.
The benefits of this treatment include:
- Enhancing body nourishment and Rejuvenating skin
- Removing joint stiffness
- Boosts the immune system, thus reducing the chances for premature ageing
- Relieving blood-related diseases
- Improvement of digestion-related problems
- Decreases sluggishness and helps reduce excessive sleep while promoting sound sleep
- Strengthens and nourishes the nervous system, thus providing relief from nervous disorders
- Provides relief from Chronic rheumatism
- Calms the mind and reduces the stress
- Sharpened senses
- Improvement of Spasticity (a condition in which certain muscles are continuously contracted to cause stiffness or tightness of the muscles and interfering with normal movement and speech.
- Increases mobility, reduces rigidity
- Provides relief from lower back pain
- Provides relief from Sciatica, Scoliosis, Kyphosis, Perthe’s disease, Cervical myelopathy, Hemiplegia, Arthritis and conditions involving muscle dystrophy and emaciation
Duration: 1 hr | Price: SGD 65.00
5 minutes (excluding the 1 hr) allowance for changing clothes and getting the therapy started.